KY Gov. Matt Bevin Appoints ARH Director of Home Services Susan Stewart to state Advisory Council for Medical Assistance
Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin has appointed ARH System Director of Home Services Susan Stewart to the state Advisory Council for Medical Assistance.
Stewart will represent the Kentucky Home Care Association. Her term will expire April 15, 2021.
Also appointed by Gov. Bevin to the Advisory Council for Medical Assistance are Sheila Marshall Currans, Dr. Ashima Gupta and Dr. Steven Compton have been appointed to the Advisory Council for Medical Assistance. Dr. Susie Jackson Riley and Gary Robert Marsh have been reappointed.
• Sheila Marshall Currans, of Cynthiana, is a registered nurse and CEO of Harrison Memorial Hospital. Currans will represent women. She will serve for a term expiring April 15, 2020.
• Dr. Ashima Gupta, of Louisville, is a physician at Kumar Eye Institute. Gupta will represent the Kentucky Medical Association. She will serve for a term expiring April 15, 2021.
• Dr. Steven Compton, of Franklin, is a physician at Compton & Compton Eye Care. Compton will represent the Kentucky Optometric Association. He will serve for a term expiring April 15, 2021.
• Dr. Susie Jackson Riley, of Louisville, is a dentist. Riley will represent the Kentucky Dental Association. She will serve for a term expiring April 15, 2020.
• Gary Robert Marsh, of LaGrange, is president and CEO of Masonic Homes of Kentucky. Marsh will represent the Kentucky Association of Homes and Services for the Aging. He will serve for a term expiring April 15, 2020.
The Advisory Council for Medical Assistance consists of 18 members, 17 of which are gubernatorial appointees. The Council advises the Secretary of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services and the Commissioner for Medicaid Services on the administration and operation of the Kentucky Medical Assistance Program.
A native of Hazard, Ky, Stewart joined the ARH Division of Home Services 18 years ago as a Home Services Associate. In 2011 she was named Assistant Administrator of ARH Home Services, and oversaw the operations and development of new strategies for ARH Home Health Agencies and Durable Medical Equipment Stores.
Stewart earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Georgetown College and serves on the Kentucky Home Care Association (KHCA) Board of Directors, and is a Member of the Medicaid Home Health TAC Committee. She is also a Rotary Paul Harris Fellow – Rotary International, and a two-term Board Member of the KY River Child Advocacy Center.